In case you haven’t heard, cannabidiol, or CBD, is more popular than ever. Reported to help with all kinds of conditions, like nausea, anxiety, mood, relief from seizures, and a decrease in pain and inflammation, CBD is being included in more and more homes. From the medicine cabinet to the kitchen cupboards, CBD is being used as a kind of supplement to help maintain the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), a physiological system tasked with getting the body to homeostasis, where everything is just right. Plus, hemp-derived CBD is non-intoxicating, so it will not get you high like cannabis’ other famous compound, THC.
How to Make CBD Gummies
Branching off of the popularity of cannabis-infused gummies, CBD gummies are also immensely popular. In fact, the term “CBD gummies” was one of the most popular Googled foods in 2018. As with any candy though, gummies are often filled with sugars and other artificial ingredients that are not so good for you. Luckily, CBD gummies are very easy to make at home and can be made to your liking, including how many milligrams of CBD, and you can decide the quality and purity of ingredients. Here’s how to make your very own CBD gummies.
What You’ll Need:
- Glass Bowl
- Gummy Molds
- CBD tincture (or preferred dosage of CBD isolate)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 ½ Cups Fruit Juice
- Food Coloring (optional)
- ½ Cup Gelatin, with this caveat, especially for the vegetarians or vegans out there. Gelatin is made from animal collagen. So be sure to check out some meat-free options for your gummies
- Add gelatin to a medium glass bowl
- In a medium saucepan, add the juice and honey and combine over low heat until it starts to simmer, then remove from heat
- Add the warm liquid to the gelatin bowl and whisk quickly
- Allow to cool for about five minutes, then add CBD oil or CBD isolate to the liquid and whisk
- If using food coloring, this is when to add it, then whisk some more
- Pour the mixture into the molds and refrigerate until firm
- When firm, carefully remove them from the molds and store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place
A different way to add CBD is to put a few drops into each mold, add the gelatin mixture, then top with a few more drops, depending on how many milligrams of CBD you’d like in each gummy. As an option, CBD isolate can be used instead of a tincture, and stirred into the gelatin mix. And remember, the more milligrams you add, the more potent your gummies will be.
This is only one way to make CBD gummies, and with some creativity, practice, and trial and error, you can create your own recipes, designed by you for whatever ails you, whether that be insomnia, anxiety, pain, inflammation, or even if you just want to eat some gummy bears for no reason other than the fact that they just taste good.
Do you have any tips or questions regarding the recipe above? Let us know in the comments below!