Rustle up some calm this Thanksgiving with these super simple CBD holiday recipes.
If you’ve ever been responsible for laying on a spread at Thanksgiving, you don’t need us to tell you it’s quite the blood pressure raiser.
And when you’re working up a sweat over a hot stove, it can be hard to know if the steam is coming from the kitchen or your ears.
But it doesn’t have to be like that. Instead of whipping yourself into a frenzy, you could prepare a meal that promotes a sense of calm and helps to maintain balance. At least until someone suggests charades.
So, this holiday season, take a leaf out of our cookbook and add some stress-busting CBD into the mix with these Thanksgiving CBD recipes.
Sausage, Sage and CBD Stuffing Recipe
Let’s start with a Thanksgiving must-have: Stuffing. Our version of this holiday essential has been adapted from a stunning recipe by Elizabeth Stark over on SimplyRecipes.com.
We love the idea of switching out boring old white bread with sweet and crumbly cornbread, and by adding the natural-flavor CBD drops, your guests are sure to be stuffed and relaxed.
- 1 loaf of cornbread, sliced, cubed (approx. 1cm x 1 cm) and toasted until golden
- 4 – 6 sweet or spicy Italian sausages, casings removed and broken up into smaller chunks
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh sage
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 30 drops of Natural-flavor CBD Oil Drops
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a small 8×8 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter. Leave to one side.
- Add canola oil to a large, deep-sided skillet and brown the sausage over medium-high heat. Break the sausage meat into bite-sized pieces as it cooks, making sure it’s nicely browned on all sides. Pour off fat and transfer the sausage to a bowl.
- Turn the heat to low* and add 4 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Add the onion, celery, CBD Oil Drops and a pinch of salt. Cook until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the onion, celery and CBD mixture to the toasted cornbread. Fold in the browned sausage meat, chopped herbs, and stock. Taste and add salt if required. Finally, fold in the egg and mix until combined.
- Spoon the stuffing into the buttered baking dish and bake until piping hot (40 minutes). It should look golden brown on top, but if it starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Serve hot!
*IMPORTANT: When cooking with CBD oil, it’s vital that you avoid exposing it directly to a high heat. This can compromise its potency and impact its overall effectiveness.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes (Drizzled with CBD Oil)
Holiday cooking with CBD doesn’t have to be complicated, as this next recipe proves. Inspo comes from the aptly named Rosemary at An Italian In My Kitchen.
We couldn’t wait to add our own soothing spin to this mouthwatering dish. The perfect complement to Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing. Pass the potatoes!
- 1.5kg (3lb) of large starchy potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary, washed and removed from the stem
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Half a tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 30 drops of Natural-flavor CBD Oil Drops
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and rough up the outside of the potatoes by making criss-cross marks with the prongs of a fork (this will help make them nice and crispy on the outside).
- Place the potatoes into a mixing bowl and add the garlic and rosemary. Drizzle over the olive oil, add the CBD Drops and generously sprinkle with salt and oregano before tossing to ensure the potatoes are well coated.
- Dump the potatoes onto a large roasting tin and arrange into a compact single layer. Cook for around one hour and 20 minutes. Make sure to turn the potatoes regularly to ensure they crisp evenly. Serve immediately.
One-Bowl Pumpkin & Dark Chocolate CBD Cake Recipe
Would it even be Thanksgiving without a pumpkin-based dessert? No. No, it would not.
Well, thank your lucky stars we happened upon this deliciously moreish pumpkin and dark chocolate CBD cake, adapted from a recipe by Mel at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. We’ve swapped the milk chocolate chips for chunks of dark CBD chocolate for a richer flavor and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. It’s definitely one of our favorite holiday desserts with CBD.
The best bit? The chocolate is gluten-free, vegan, and made from sustainably grown cacao harvested by local families in South America. Talk about a guilt-free CBD dessert recipe!
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- Half a cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 and a quarter cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Half a cup of light brown sugar
- Half a cup of granulated sugar
- 1 and a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a cup of CBD organic dark chocolate, broken down into bite-sized chunks
- Half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- Half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- A quarter teaspoon of salt
- One-eighth of a teaspoon of cloves
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease a 9×9-inch glass baking dish. Set to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt and CBD chocolate.
- Stir mixture until there are no dry streaks. Take care not to overmix, as this may result in a dry and dense cake, instead of the light and moist dessert we’re aiming for.
- Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Insert a cake tester stick into the center of the cake to ensure it’s baked all the way through.
- Allow the cake to cool before slicing. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Bonus Recipe: CBD-infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
Dairy-free and naturally sweetened, we’ve taken this fall favorite (inspired by Dana @ Minimalist Baker) to new levels of mood-boosting greatness. The spice mix hits all the right notes, while the subtle inclusion of the vanilla-flavored CBD drops brings about a whole load of calm with each sip.
Raise a toast to a stress-free Thanksgiving with this simple CBD pumpkin latte recipe:
- Three-quarter cup of dairy-free milk (think: almond, cashew, coconut or even hemp milk)
- A quarter cup of water
- 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin purée
- Half a heaped teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice mix
- One-eighth teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 shot espresso
- 30 drops of Vanilla-flavor CBD Oil Drops
- Add the dairy-free milk and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice mix and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour in the espresso shot and add the CBD Oil Drops. Continue to stir until smooth.
- You can adjust the flavor by adding more spice mix, stronger coffee, or maple syrup.
There you have it! Four incredibly easy, tasty and calming Thanksgiving CBD recipes. And don’t forget to check out these CBD holiday drink recipes, too!
Have you tried one of these delectable sides or CBD desserts? Let us know in the comments.